Friday, September 18, 2009

Goodbye Freedom!!!


Well, it happened. I finally got a job. Yeah! Now I don't have to worry about how I'm gonna pay my car payment while I'm at OU. However, there will be definetly be things to be missed.

1) Sleeping Late. Okay, especially since school has indeed started, my sleep ins never go past 11am. However, it's been nice to do my homework and workout at night so I can catch up on the ZZZs. Now that I will be working after classes, guess when I will need to move some responsibilities? Hello 6am!!!

2) Making my own schedule. The best thing about quitting my last job was that I got to pick what I wanted to do when I picked to. Now I'll have someone else plan part of my life for me.

3) Not being told what to do. I'm not that much against authority, some is needed, but being very independent, I still somewhat like a animal stuck in a cage. Let me out!

4) Not working. I can't procrastinate. I'll have someone behind me at all times. Not literally, but you get the picture.

5) Doing good because I want to do it instead of doing it so I don't get fired. I don't like being parinoid but I like money, so one gotta go out the window.

6) Not having one more thing to wait in the mail next January so I can do my taxes. Plus the more I make, the more taxes I'll need to pay. But I always get a tax return back, so I really shouldn't complain.

7) Not having to ask off for events like OU Football, Dave Matthews Band Concert, NYC Trip in November and having to explain why I need them off or shoving work days on another day so my week looks tighter.

So there it is! What I'll lose. I'm sure I'll get something in return though.

1 comment:

  1. You'll get money in return. ;)

    Seriously, though, I know what you mean. There are positives and negatives to every season of life--in this case, working and non-working seasons--so good luck finding the positives (I'm sure you will)!

    The 6 a.m. discipline sucks, but it's still a wonderful discipline in the end, I think.

    I'm in a non-work season, now, and I count myself blessed!

    ReplyDelete