Sunday, October 11, 2009

Melting Shoes

Okay, so I go camping yesterday, and we have this fire, and I put my feet up by the fire pit's wall to warm my feet and the rubber off the bottom of the right foot is falling off now because it melted the glue. OMG! I felt like such a dumb butt! But hey, I'm not the only one. Let's brainstorm some famous dumb moments in history, shall we?

1) Whoever made laws in Tulsa, Oklahoma during the turn of the 20th Century was high. Seriously. There a law stating whaling to be illegal in its city limits. Okay, when you see a whale in Tulsa, OK, let me know okay?

2) Kayne West's recent speech in the VH1's award shows. Okay, it's Kayne West. He's known for being a very talented asshole, but he usually step down on people that probably deserve it, especially the papperazzi. But Taylor Swift? He just choose nation television to make a complete fool of himself. Smart thinking Kayne. Not the best speech of all time.

3) Everytime Bush opens his mouth. I'm politically moderate, but I just don't like Bush. He made the deficit extremely large, could not lead, and started a war not based on the same reasons Americans intended for the war to be about. He will forever be a President Hoover in our lifetime.

4) A girl being offended of being hit on at the bar. More common then you think. Half guilty of it myself. Seriously, it's a bar full of immature boys looking at your miniskirt. If it really bothers you, wear a hoodie next time, or just don't go.

5) Back to historical events. During the Civil Rights Movement, White Southerners obviously very resistant to getting rid of the Jim Crow Laws, the Alabama Governer, George Wallace, promoted segregation from this speech:
"In the name of the greatest people that have ever trod this earth, I draw the line in the dust and toss the gauntlet before the feet of tyranny, and I say segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever."
And he wonders why he got shot at. Hmm...

There are other things, but this is starting to put off a negative tone, so I end with "If you're gonna go camping, make sure you don't melt your shoes off."

No comments:

Post a Comment